Six-Month Regulatory Affairs Internships at PA Europe in Brussels for:
- EU affairs, cybersecurity, international relations/security graduates
- biochemistry/ life sciences graduates
PA Europe is part of a government relations and public affairs group active in the EU, Asia (China, Indonesia) and the Middle East, providing political and communication strategy development and implementation, political intelligence and lobbying. It is regularly offers regulatory affairs internship positions at its office in Brussels, Belgium.
PA Europe is specialised in strategic advice and operational assistance on political/societal issues, regulatory issues and media support. Furthermore, the company devises and implements solutions for ongoing management issues and particularly crisis situations. Among over 500 clients successfully served are the European Commission and several Ministries of Foreign Affairs, European Affairs, Economic Affairs and Finance; multinational enterprises in the food, beverages, banking, construction, pharmaceutical, health care, environment, transport and logistics, energy, automotive and agricultural sectors from mainly the EU, Indonesia, Japan, Russia and the USA.
PA Europe is looking for a Brussels-based intern; the internship lasts for six months and is remunerated.
The role will involve the support of the junior and senior staff members in the following areas:
• Support to the development and implementation of client projects;
• Research for and drafting of policy briefs;
• Media and policy monitoring and analysis;
• Participation in the development of strategic client advice;
• Preparation, research and support on new business development;
• Support of business administration.
PA Europe is looking for applicants with:
- Either a Master’s Degree in International Relations/European Union Studies/ EU law/ Political Science (knowledge of EU policymaking and institutional framework is essential!); a background in (cyber)security is an asset
- Or with a background in Life Sciences, for example Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Plant Sciences/Animal Sciences/Genetic Engineering
- A particular interest in EU health policies, life sciences, environment, cybersecurity and lobbying
- Prior relevant experience following (an) earlier internship(s), ideally in an EU institution or in an Office of relevant lawmakers/ministers.
• English language skills at native-speaker level with very strong writing abilities; knowledge of other EU languages, in particular German or French, is an asset;
• Strong writing skills;
• Strong research abilities, especially media tracking and political processes;
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organised;
• Proven organisational skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
• Ability to operate in a highly collaborative environment with multiple priorities;
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude, excellent interpersonal & persuasive skills, and a willingness to take personal responsibility;
• Advanced IT skills in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint;
• Up-to-date knowledge of various geopolitical interests at play between the EU and third countries/international organisations;
• Possession of an EU passport, student visa or other means of working in Belgium for six months without work permit sponsorship.
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV in English to the attention of Managing Partner Mr Rio Praaning Prawira Adiningrat (by email to email@example.com; for more info: +32 2 735 83 96).