2nd Indonesia’s Leadership Competition 2011-2012
As the follow up to the first Leadership Competition in 2010, PA CSR Academic Chair in partnership with DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst - German Academic Exchange Service) Lecturship on Economic, State Islamic University UIN Syarif Hidayatullah and Indonesia Berkebun, organize the Second Indonesia’s Leadership Competition for the period of 2011-2012.
The overall objective of this competition is to encourage people who face the contemporary challenges of tense food to take their own initiative and to start gardening.
- to collect best practices from key areas around the world in the field of gardening and to adapt that for the Indonesian situation.
- to elaborate public relation activities for individual concepts of home gardens together with appropriate marketing activity.
- The overall feasibility study together with the Cost-Benefit about home gardens will be provided from the team of lecturers involved in the competition project.
Focus – Themes
- Historical perspectives: Presentation about the importance of home gardens in key region or country from the 19th, 20th and 21st century.
- The concept of allotment & home gardens: Presentation of the composition of allotment & home gardens in referenced region/city and how a home garden could look like in Indonesia.
- The contribution of the home garden to the MDGs: Presentation of the contribution envisaged a home garden could deliver for the accomplishment of the MDGs 2015.
- Public relations and marketing strategy to encourage Indonesian people to start home gardening. Here the technical, esthetical and practical issue will be highlighted.
- Contribution of allotment & home gardens to the welfare politics of a local government.
Target Group: Student Teams
Students from Indonesian universities form
- university teams (same study programme at the same university),
- inter-university teams (different study programmes),
- university mixed teams (different Indonesian Universities)
- international teams (Indonesian and European University) which will compete in a separate group. International student teams will be composed of 2 Indonesian students and 1 - 2 student/-s from European universities.
- Paper submission: Jan. 10, 2012
- Shortlisted presentations: Jan. 13, 2012
- Submission of the presentation: Jan. 25, 2012
- Paper Presentation: Jan. 27, 2012
The students' performance will be evaluated by lecturers from various universities. The papers will be reviewed by at least 2 (neutral) lecturers and the subsequent presentation will be evaluated by a jury, which will be composed of at least 4 (neutral) lecturers.
Please click on the IYEC posters below for more information.