Six-Month Regulatory Affairs Internship for Biochemist/ Life Sciences Graduate at PA Europe in Brussels
PA Europe, the government relations and public affairs group providing political and communication strategy development and implementation, political intelligence and lobbying is currently offering an internship position at its office in Brussels, Belgium.
PA Europe is specialised in strategic advice and operational assistance on political/societal issues, regulatory issues and media support. Furthermore, the company devises and implements solutions for ongoing management issues and particularly crisis situations. Among over 400 clients successfully served are the European Commission and several Ministries of Foreign Affairs, European Affairs, Economic Affairs and Finance; multinational enterprises in the food, beverages, banking, construction, pharmaceutical, health care, environment, transport and logistics, energy, automotive and agricultural sectors from mainly the EU, Indonesia, Japan, Russia and the USA.
PA Europe is looking for an intern to start as soon as possible. The internship will last for six months and is remunerated. The intern will either work in the Brussels office, work in the Brussels office in combination with tele-working, or work through tele-working fulltime, based on the Covid situation.
Under the guidance of our Senior Biochemistry and Regulatory Affairs expert the intern will assist with regulatory approvals of enzymes and other substances in the food and feed sector at the EU level. In addition he/she will support the junior and senior staff members on scientific dossiers related but not limited to antimicrobial resistance (AMR), gene-editing technologies, fermentation and phages. In particular, he/she will:
- Keep up to date with and summarize recent relevant scientific research along with regulatory and legislative changes in the EU;
- Help prepare (enzymes etc.) authorization dossiers for submission to the European authorities;
- Join meetings with clients and other experts in preparation of dossiers and in the development of strategic client advice;
- Monitor relevant news and prepare clippings;
- Make research reports and draft advice for authorization procedures;
- Contribute to (online) meetings and report on those.
PA Europe is looking for applicants with a background in Life Sciences, for example Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Plant Sciences/Animal Sciences/Genetic Engineering, preferably a Master’s graduate, with an interest in public policy, political and EU affairs and lobbying, preferably with at least basic knowledge about the workings of the EU institutions. The ideal candidate has prior relevant experience following (an) earlier internship(s).
- English (and preferably additional) language skills at native-speaker level with very strong writing abilities;
- Ability to gather all relevant and scientific information, analyse it and report on it for the benefit of a non-scientific audience;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Proven organisational skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative environment with multiple priorities;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, excellent interpersonal & persuasive skills, and a willingness to take personal responsibility;
- Advanced IT skills in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with/knowledge of EU institutions;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa or other means of working in Belgium for six months without work permit sponsorship.
- Non-essential but a plus: experience with social media management and WordPress.
Interested candidates should send their motivation letter and CV in English to the attention of Managing Partner Mr Rio Praaning Prawira Adiningrat by email to info [at] pa-europe.com before 30 May 2022; more information via 0032 2 735 83 96. Please only apply if you can start in the course of June/July 2022.